The original working title was “Les Bicyclettes” – the name of the Englebert Humperdink song used by The Bicycle Waltz. Since this means “the bicycles” in French, we had some fun burying bicycle references in the text. See how many you can find!
- Alan’s arrival at dance lessons (duh!)
- Ray’s bike riding analogy (and Alan’s re-quoting of it in Higgin’s Park)
- Injury to Matthew happens while he’s riding his bike
- Sat afternoon bike ride with Alan, Shelly, and Brandon
- “This is my dad” C&H strip
- Brandon’s C&H strip
- “Wheels of love go round” is one of the songs used by square dance callers
- Extra credit (very subtle): Alan is a UC Davis graduate. Davis has the highest concentration of bicycles anywhere in the U.S. The city’s symbol is a bicycle.
Bicycle words hidden in the text:
couldn’t figure out a way to get derailer in there…